LBUSD CHOICE PROCESS APP for SMARTPHONES
You may download the LBUSD CHOICE App for your SmartPhones by clicking on this form.
CIC 2015-16 Admission Criteria
There will be no CIC Supplemental Application for the 2015-16 CHOICE Process. Admission is based on a 3.50 AcGPA and the top 160 applicants (High to Low GPA) applicants.
LBUSD and CIC Application Procedures 2015-16
In order to apply to any high school program in the LBUSD, you must follow the steps below. Directions for applying to CIC are included as well.
1. Online application for ALL programs will be available through ParentVUE on December 14, 2015. Window for applying will close at midnight on Friday, January 8, 2016.
2. You may access ParentVUE from middle school SchoolLoop websites OR through www.lbschools.net
From the main LBUSD website, click letter "P" and Scroll down to ParentVUE and follow directions.
3. Once the ParentVUE portal opens, you will see a panel that reads HS CHOICE Application. This is where you will make your program selections.
4. You will NOT be able to apply for a program, if you do NOT meet the minimum criteria.
5. Supplemental applications are no longer part of ANY program's application process.
PRIVATE SCHOOL APPLICANTS:
You will register on ParentVUE as a new student/parent and create an account.
The LBUSD already has transcripts from MANY private schools, but you may have to bring transcripts to Jenni Brown, so she can create a file for you.
ALL QUESTIONS ON THE PROCESS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE CHOICE HOTLINE 562-997-8306
Calendar for rest of the year:
Oct 19-Dec 11 CIC Shadowing (must be registered through the CHOICE Office-then contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Oct 24 CHOICE Faire at Cabrillo High School 9:00-12:00 PM
Oct 27 Regional CHOICE Night at LINDSEY ACADEMY 6:00-8:00 PM
Nov 2 Regional CHOICE Night at MARSHALL MIDDLE SCHOOL 6:00-8:00 PM
Nov 5 Regional CHOICE Night at HOOVER MIDDLE SCHOOL 6:00-8:00 PM
Nov 9 Regional CHOICE Night at NELSON ACADEMY 6:00-8:00 PM
Nov 18 Poly CHOICE Night at Poly High School 5:30-8:00 PM
Feb 4 letters of acceptance to Specialized Programs (including CIC) begin to be mailed out.
Feb 22 INTENT FOR SPECIALIZED PROGRAMS (including CIC) are DUE on PARENTVUE.
Mar 23-April 6 Appeals Window open
CIC will mail home Course Selections for Fall 2016 and Summer Reading Assignment after we receive the full list of acceptances