October is National Information Literacy Awareness Month
In honor of National Information Literacy Awareness Month the October Contest of the Month, the AEIOU's of Information Literacy.
Can you effectively Access, Evaluate, Integrate, Originate, and Use information.
Entries due by October 30, 2014. Link will be active the week of Oct 6-10. (Until then check out the Google Search Tip Infographic on the Tech Tip page of this website).
September is U.S. Constitution Month
Congratulations, Mercedez Godoy, our September Library Tech Contest of the Month winner! Mercedez used WordItOut for her winning U.S. Constitution celebration word cloud.
CIC Green Port Mural Celebration
|Oehlman, Pamela||ex.5136||Teacher/Librarian NBCT|
Destiny Library Online Catalog
American History Database
ABC-CLIO American History Database
CSULB Free Databases by Subject
Due to the LBUSD/CSULB partnership, the databases linked below are available for your research and personal inquiry.
Long Beach Public Library Databases
Long Beach Public Library Databases
MLA Citation Guides + Thesis Statement
OWL - Purdue University developing a THESIS statement.
Long Island University MLA Color-Coded Format Guide
OWL - Purdue University citation tools for MLA formatting.
Noodletools Easy Bib Express
Son of Citation Machine Free MLA citation generator. (Ignore the advertisements.)
CSULB Library Citation Guide
Career and Technical Education Links
- Career explorer, job descriptions. http://www.careerexplorer.net/job-descriptons
- California Career and Technical Education Standards - California Department of Education. Contains Standards, Industry Standards, and Resources.http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/ct/sf/ctemcstandards.asp
- State Superintendent Torlakson's Career Readiness Campaign. Seventeen key objectives to support, sustain and strengthen Career and Technical Education (CTE) in the State. http://www.cde.ca.gov/eo/in/cr/
- California Careers.info. The California Career Resource Network (CalCRN). http://www.californiacareers.info/
- The California Career Center (CalCC) is your career planning website with tools to help you map your future, whether looking ahead to college, apprenticeship, the military or other options.http://www.calcareercenter.org/
- California Reality Check. Don't know how much money you will need to earn in the future? Don't know which occupation to choose? No problem, this site can help inform your decision. http://www.californiarealitycheck.com/
- California Career Zone. Web-based career exploration system providing four easy to use career assessment tools that connect users with information on California occupational options and colleges. Free user account feature.http://www.cacareerzone.org/
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook. http://bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/home.htmhttp://bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/home.htm
Free Online Test Prep
The site, 4tests.com, has practice exams for SAT, ACT, GED, STAR, TOEFL, the Military ASVAB, and many others. There are also tutorials available.
Internet Safety - Digital Literacy
Cyber Safety for Children The State of California's page on Cyber Safety resources.
Chatting with students about being online great parent resources to begin the conversation about online safety, cyberbullying, and idenity protection.
Heads Up: Stop Think Click Booklet on Internet Safety tips.
Net Cetera: Chatting with your kids about being on-line Excellent booklet of suggestions and information.
Net Cetera en espanol Spanish Version of Chatting with your kids about being on-line.
Parent Education in Cyber Trends Teacher Librarian wiki on all aspects of cyber-safety, updated regularily.
NetSmartWorkshop Lots of videos and talking points to view first for conversation openers with your children.