With Halloween almost here, the Long Beach Press-Telegram is again launching its Scary Stories contest for Long Beach area youth. Winning entries – both stories and artwork – will be published in the Press-Telegram on Halloween. The rules are the same as last year. There will be three age categories for stories and drawings: elementary school (K-5), middle school (grades 6-8), and high school (grades 9-12).
Here are the rules:
• The deadline is Monday, Oct. 15.
• All entries must be emailed, with the entrant’s name and grade, and the subject line “Scary Stories,” to: ptnews@presstelegram. Stories can be submitted in the body of the email, or as a Word attachment; drawings should be submitted in JPEG format, no larger than 5MB in size.
• Stories must be no longer than 650 words.
• Artwork must be original (no tracings).
• Entries will be judged based on imagination, creativity and theme.
• The winning entries will be published in the Press-Telegram on Oct. 31, and posted online at www.presstelegram.com/.
If you have any questions, e-mail Press-Telegram City Editor Susan Jacobs at email@example.com or call 310-543-6110. Local teachers – current and retired – the Press-Telegram needs your help. If you have interest in being a judge, please let them know.